Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I'm in the Knitter's Coffee Swap 3!


I am so excited, and I just squeaked in a number 150! Not the last person in as the ended up taking 152 so as to not turn anyone away, but how lucky am I?!

I have been crocheting since I was a little girl and I just started knitting about three years ago. My mom taught both to me (she is an INCREDIBLE yarn artist!). I am 38 (eek), been married 18 years this Sunday and have two boys, 16 (eek again) and 12.

I did not start drinking coffee until after my second son was born. He was cesarean and they had me on a liquid diet. I was starving and had to choose between coffee and Jello (which I hate). Coffee won and now I love coffee! The first smell when you open a new vacuum packed pouch, the smell of it brewing in the morning, the way the cream swirls into it, the first fabulous sip. What’s not to love. My husband thinks if I have another baby I might start liking onions, but we won’t be testing this theory!

I am a mom first, graphic designer by day to pay the bills and a knitter every spare moment I can find. I have recently become a LYS junky, too. Can’t get enough of all that color in one spot. I seem to have to go through touching everything! And this Friday I am taking the day off from work to do a LYS Shop Hop! I’m a goner, huh?

Below is my Q&A, I am looking forward to meeting my Swap PAL!

Q&A
1. Whole bean or ground?
I prefer ground, but vacuum packed so preserve flavor. But I do have a coffee grinder and would be totally open to beans, they would make a great weekend treat.

2. Fully-loaded or decaf?
Fully loaded!

3. Regular or flavored?
I am currently hooked on Gevalia coffee, any of their non flavored blends and roasts. But I also like a nice Hazelnut and Pumpkin Spice, but that is about all the flavored ones I find I like.

4. How do you drink your coffee?
Half n Half and Sugar (usually Splenda)

5. Favorite coffee ever?
Love Pumpkin Spice as a fall weekend treat, snuggled up in my chair Saturday morning with my fuzzy robe, slippers and current knitting project and computer. Or in my office playing with my stamps.

6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do?
I don’t think I am too fussy, but I do like a good cup of Joe to start my day. I hate it when I run out of my Gevelia and have to resort to some grocery store bought something.

7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee?
Baked treats with cinnamon. Love the combo! Sometimes on the weekends I make scones with cinnamon chips, so yummy!

8. Anything else about your coffee preferences?
Not that I can think of.

9. Yarn/fiber you love?
Love really soft 100% wool, worsted weight. I also love soft 100% cotton.

10. Yarn/fiber you hate?
Can’t seem to get into the acrylic blends much when knitting, it feels sticky going across my fingers. Much like finger nails on a chalkboard. I just bought an acrylic/wool blend and ended up taking the project apart because I could not stand the way it felt to work with.

11. What's on your needles?
I have a cute hat going, a wrap, some snowmen, some felted clogs and am looking forward to starting a sheepy bag.

12. Favorite colors?
Fall is my color season for sure! Love fall colors.

13. Allergies?
None, but i really don't like cigarette smoke/smell in my yarn.

14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest?
I have two wonderful boys (12 and 16) and the nicest husband (most days) in the world. I am a novice knitter and am having loads of fun experimenting, so I think I will be a fairly easy swap buddy. I prefer wooden kneedles, infact I just bought some of the Harmony needles on knitpicks.com — fabulous needles! I am going to by more later this month. I also crochet and currently have a faux suede jacket going on my hook. I bought myself the most beautiful cherry wood hook for the project.

1 comment:

Dawn ;) said...

Glad you joined us ~ I believe this will an awesome round. Thx for filling in your questionaire. ;)