Monday, January 21, 2008

I’m a “Fearless Knitter”!

Or at least I am on my way...

I’ve been a bad, bad blogger lately (hang head low here), but I am here now so on with the New Year! Life is just too short to sweat everything!

As a Knitting Daily fan I have been thinking hard about the “Fearless Knitting” posts lately. In doing so, I decided to be a “Fearless Knitter” this year, too! So my two FK projects for the year (posting it hear will hold me to it, right?) are going to be to make my first sweat (which I started this week) and to make something Fair Isle.

Its a “HAPPY “New Year!

Fair Isle seems like the trickier of the two, so I am starting with my HAPPY sweater. Plus, since our high temps this week have been in the single (or lower) digits, a sweater seems like a good place to start!

I purchased all but two skeins of the yarn from peeps on Ravelry reducing their stash and I saved big money there as I got the skeins for $4 each instead of $7. The Ravelryers were so very nice and every shipped the yarn ASAP.

With all my yarn in hand, I fearlessly set out to start my sweater this week! Good thing I swatched as I had to go up a needle size to obtain the gauge. So far, all is going well, but I am only about 3/4 of the way through the first sleeve.


By the way, LOVE this yarn! It is Elsebeth Lavold’s silky wool. The drape and feel are fabulous, not to mention a great color selection — especially if you like earth tones. The pattern is Happy from book 11 in her collection.

An update on the little Gracie hat I made (see previous blogs), Grace loved it! Did not take it off after she opened it — and it looked so darn cute on her! I wish I had a photo, but thing just get away from you when wrapping paper is flying about. The hat could have been a tad larger, but all in all it looked great!

Grace’s brothers loved their hats, too, but I think they like the candy more.

Anyhow, on with my Fearless Knitting... I have a sweater to finish!

1 comment:

GramE said...

I love the sweater, keep up the good work.