Friday, December 7, 2007

The Holiday Craze...

I am sure that, like me, everyone is crazy busy with the holidays. And as if the time of year doesn’t make me crazy enough, I got my invitation to Ravelry about three weeks ago. Can’t stay out of there! It has quickly become my favorite thing to do on a Saturday and Sunday morning, when I should be finishing up some of those Christmas gifts...

I have managed to finish a couple of things. I have my hat for my favorite Aunti done. Love this color and the yarn is so soft! I am not sure what brand it is because I picked it up at my LYS bargain loft. I do know it is Italian though. I was toying with the idea of sewing some fun buttons on the brim, my Aunt loves buttons and has been collect them since she was a little girl. Thought it would be a nice touch.



I have a green one made out of the same yarn that I need to FROG part of because I think I acciden

I also just finished up my snowmen last night. I have to say, they turned out so darn cute! These are for my sister, three little boy snowmen — because she has three boys of course.



Bragger’s Corner...

I have to show off my mom here this time, too! Is this not the most beautiful table cloth ever she is working on? And guess who it is for? Yep, me! It is so very pretty and obviously a lot of work, I think she is two years into it now. Can you imagine working all this up with a tiny crochet hook and string weight yarn! Eeks! Lucky me though! I will post more pictures as I get them.


Ok, since we are bragging I have to toss in my boys here. Just look how handsome they are, how can I not toss them in here, too? The oldest one just took all conference line backer.


The younger one just got invited to play in the school jazz band (did not even have to try out) — he plays the tuba.



Favorite holiday cookie: Chocolate Covered Cherrie Cookies

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Beat butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Add dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
Roll into 1-inch balls about the size of a walnut (larger if desired). Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Drain cherries and reserve juice. Press center of each ball with thumb. Place a cherry in indentation.
In a saucepan, heat condensed milk and chocolate chips until chips are melted. Stir in 4 teaspoons of cherry juice. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of mixture over each cherry and spread to cover cherry. (More cherry juice may be added to keep frosting of spreading consistency.)
Bake for 10 minutes.

No comments: